What is it about pets that make them so lovable? Is it their innocence? Their loyalty? Their uncanny ability to make any bad day better? Whatever it is, your furry four-legged friend is an important part of your family, and if they have to give up some valuable play time to watch you work on your scrapbooks, it’s only fair that they get to show up in some of the pages.
The Best in Show borders in today’s post are paws-itively adorable pet scrapbook borders that will make your fur baby’s page cuter than you could imagine. Ready to see how blog contributor Krislyn uses the borders to create great looking pet-themed scrapbook ideas and how she brings her furry friends to life on the page? Read on!
Isn’t the Best in Show collection fun? I think so, and my pets do, too (check out my cuties above). My dog and two cats often hang around me when I’m working on my album projects, but I think they know these pet borders are extra special! Definitely checking up on me, making sure I’m inspired and that both felines and canines are well represented. I guess you could say they’re my “mews.” See what I did there? 😉
To create these borders you’ll need:
- Best in Show Paper Pack
- Best in Show Stickers
- White, Royal Blue, Raspberry and Peacock Blue Cardstock
- Paw Punch
- 4-Way Hearts and Stars Corner and Hole Punch
- Embossed Trio Flower Punch
- Double Heart Punch
- Scallop Burst Border Punch
- Original Border Maker System with Button Chain, Paw Prints and Circle Weave Chain Cartridges
- Custom Cutting System with Circle Patterns
- 12-inch Straight Trimmer
- 12-inch Decorative Trimmer
- All-Purpose Scissors
- Tape Runner with Repositionable Tape Runner Refill
- Foam Squares
- Precision Point Adhesive Pen
- Cut a 3″ x 12″ strip of cloud paper for the base.
- Punch a border with the Scallop Burst Border Punch and blue pawprint paper. Trim to 2″ wide and align with the bottom edge of the base.
- Cut a 5/8″ x 12″ strip of plaid paper and mount to the border, 1/4″ up from the bottom edge.
- Using the smallest circle pattern and Blue Blade, cut eleven circles with green, purple and gold papers. Adhere to the middle of each of the scallops (trimming the ones on the edges).
- Using the star-corner side of the 4-Way Corner and Hole Punch, punch 18 times with White Cardstock. Mount just the curved pieces on the circles to resemble balls as shown.
- Add the “Fetch!” sticker with Foam Squares.
Snuggle Buddies Border
- Cut a 3″ x 12″ strip of gold paper for the base. Cut a 2-3/8″ x 11-3/8″ strip of purple paper and mount on the base.
- Cut a 2″ x 11″ strip of plaid paper. Punch each corner with the hearts edge of the 4-Way Corner and Hole Punch. Add to the border.
- Punch four paw prints with Royal Blue and Peacock Blue Cardstock. Punch two hearts with purple patterned paper. Cut the bottom point of each of the hearts and link the paw prints on either side as shown. Mount to each side of the border.
- Cut a 2-1/2″ x 1-3/4″ piece of Royal Blue Cardstock. Mount at an angle to the middle of the border. Top with “Snuggle Buddies” and paw prints stickers using Foam Squares.
- Cut a 3″ x 12″ strip of blue paw print paper for the base. Cut a 2-1/2″ x 12″ strip of gold patterned paper and mount on top.
- Using the swell edge of the Decorative Trimmer, align purple paper at the 1-inch mark to the right of the blade, centred lengthwise, and cut. Apply this piece to the bottom edge of the gold patterned paper.
- Again using the swell edge, align the teal patterned paper at the 1-inch mark to the left of the blade, centred lengthwise, and cut. Apply this piece to the top edge of the gold patterned paper.
- Punch 17 circles using the Embossed Trio Flower Punch and Raspberry, Royal Blue and Peacock Blue Cardstock. Adhere along the gold swell of the border as shown.
- Apply the “Meow” border sticker to the lower edge of the border and black cat and “Mew!” stickers with Foam Squares.
In the Doghouse Border
- Cut a 2-1/2″ x 12″ piece of striped paper for the base. Cut a 2″ x 12″ strip of shape patterned paper and mount on top.
- Using the Button Chain Border Maker Cartridge, punch two borders with green patterned paper. Tuck behind the base so that just the scallops show.
- Using the Paw Prints Border Maker Cartridge, punch a border with purple patterned paper. Trim to 1-1/8″ wide. Cut apart the four sets of prints. Cut four 1-inch squares of Royal Blue Cardstock and mount behind the paw prints.
- Cut four 1-3/4″ squares of Royal Blue Cardstock. Mount them at regular intervals with the paw prints as shown. Add “In the Doghouse” sticker with Foam Squares to one of the squares and dog stickers to the other three.
Beware of Cuteness Border
- Cut a 3″ x 12″ strip of dog paper for the base. Cut a 1″ x 12″ strip of blue paw print paper and mount to the left side of the base.
- Using the Circle Weave Chain Border Maker Cartridge, punch a border with both White Cardstock and green patterned paper. Mount the green on top of white, offsetting so the gaps are covered and more white shows from behind. Mount on the border as shown.
- Top with the corgi and “Beware of Cuteness” stickers and paw print sticker using Foam Squares.
Whether or not you have your own furry friends to scrapbook, I hope you’ve found some inspiration here for your upcoming borders. These pet scrapbook ideas are a great way to show off your pets to all who get to see your albums and I guarantee your pets will appreciate the love too.
Which pet of yours is an absolute STAR in your scrapbook? Comment below!