Looking to mix up your baby scrapbook layouts? You have come to the right place! Today, we are going to show you how to use a needle and a thread on your scrapbook layout! Intrigued?
This fun little tutorial for you today uses the Little Lamb Boy collection. I think this is the cutest baby boy collection I have seen in a while. I love the soft colour palette and the adorable die cuts. I must admit, I do miss taking photos of babies!! My baby is 8 years old so I had to pull some of his baby pictures out and I loved looking back at them. He was such a cutie… bald head and all!
To complete this 12×12 layout, you’ll need:
- Little Lamb Boy Paper Pack
- Little Lamb Boy Embellishments
- Little Lamb Boy Variety Mat Pack
- 4-Way Hearts and Stars Corner and Hole Punch
- Black Dual-Tip Pen
- 12-inch Straight Trimmer
- All-Purpose Scissors
- Tape Runner
- Precision Point Adhesive Pen
- Foam Squares
- Needle and Thread
Whenever I receive a new collection, I like to look through the papers, embellishments and mat pack. This really gets the ideas flowing and I get so excited when I think of a cool technique to try. While I was looking through the mat pack, I spotted a cute mat with faux stitching and thought to myself, it would be a perfect template to use with real thread and a needle! So, that’s what I did.
I used a needle to poke holes at each point, straight down the card. Once the holes were complete, I fed the string through each of the hearts in a zig-zag line. Be sure to tie a knot at the end so the thread does not pull through the paper.
- Use the chevron patterned paper as the base. Using a 12-inch Straight Trimmer, cut the blue circle patterned paper down to measure 11″ x 11″. Punch 4 hearts using the 4-Way Hearts and Stars Corner and Hole Punch to punch hearts in each corner of the paper. Apply the 11″ x 11″ square to base.
- Adhere the yellow and stitched mat to the centre of the layout.
- Adhere three 3″ x 2″ photos at the bottom of the mat. Tuck the llama die cut card to the right side of the stitched mat. Use a Precision Point Adhesive Pen to adhere the tiny heart from the scraps from the corner punch. Using a pair of All-Purpose Scissors, cut the blue speech bubble from the die cut and use a Black Dual-Tip Pen to journal on the speech bubble. Adhere it above the photos using Foam Squares.
- Use a Black Dual-Tip Pen to journal on the circle die cut then adhere to layout as shown using Foam Squares.
- To complete the layout, add embellishments as shown.
What do you think? Are you ready to try stitching on your next project? It takes a little time, but the end result is totally worth it!
Comment below and tell us if you are ready to give it a try!