What supplies should you bring to a Virtual Crop? How many photos should you print? What prizes can you win? Oh yeah, and what is a Virtual Crop and how do you participate? Don’t worry – we’ve got you covered! We’ve put together the 411 on Virtual Crops (and hint: our next one is just TWO WEEKS away!) so you’ll be prepared for when the festivities begin!
What Is A Virtual Crop?
A Virtual Crop is an online scrapbooking event where we give participants “challenges” to complete, and when you complete them and share them with us on the US Facebook Event Page, you will be eligible to win prizes!
What Supplies Should I Prep?
What Are Examples Of “Challenges”?
Most challenges are single-page layouts, some are two-page spreads and some are cards. We will post a sketch, and then you get to create it!
How Do I “Read” A Sketch?
Look for guidelines of where to place photos in a specific overall layout. Refer to the example below of a sketch on the left and the finished layout on the right.
What Are Examples Of Prizes and How Are They Awarded?
How Do I Participate?
Follow the simple instructions below or view step-by-step instructions.
- RSVP on the Facebook Event Page prior to the event (the sooner, the better!).
- At start time, log in to the Facebook Event Page. There will be a link for a challenge in the Facebook Event “Discussion” tab.
- Click the link for the challenge, which will take you here – to our blog (HINT: If you’ve subscribed to the blog already, the challenges will be emailed to you directly as all other blog posts are and you can skip this step). The challenge instructions will be posted here on the blog.
- Complete the challenge.
- Take a picture of your completed challenge and post it on our Facebook Event Page. Continue to refresh the Event Page to see projects submitted by others.
- Admire everyone’s finished masterpieces, and hopefully you win a prize!
We hope to “virtually” see everyone there on the 20th April! If you’ve attended a Virtual Crop in the past, what is the BEST advice you would give to a first-time participant? Comment below and let us know!