Creating these borders with the fun and playful new Imagine Collection certainly puts me in my happy place! Just makes me want to pack my suitcase and set out for adventure!
With that adventurous spirit in mind, I set out to use some of our amazing tools in fun new ways. I found that playing with the shapes within the Teardrop Lattice Border Punch provides unlimited creative options!
To create these borders you’ll need:
- Imagine Paper Pack, Mat Pack, Stickers and Embellishments
- Black and White Cardstock
- Teardrop Lattice Border Punch
- Scallop Burst Border Punch
- Original Border Maker System with Dancing Daisies and Filmstrip Cartridges
- 12-inch Straight Trimmer
- 12-inch Decorative Trimmer
- Custom Cutting System with Circle Patterns
- All-purpose Scissors
- Tape Runner with Repositionable Tape Runner Refill
- Foam Squares
- Black Dual-Tip Pen
Love This Place! Border
- Cut a 2-1/4″ x 12″ strip of red with black dots paper for the base. Cut a 1-1/8″ x 12″ strip of gold paper (set aside).
- Using the Teardrop Lattice Border Punch, punch a border with both the White and Black Cardstock. Cut the white border in half lengthwise.
- Trim out eight hearts from a scrap piece of red paper and apply behind heart-shaped sections of the black teardrop lattice border (see photos). Back with the gold strip and tuck the white teardrop lattice halves behind with just the scallops showing.
- Cut a row of hearts from the hearts paper; add to the border just beneath the teardrop lattice hearts as shown. Apply to the base.
- Cut a 2-1/2″ x 1-3/4″ piece of black cardstock. Mount the “Love This Place!” sticker with Foam Squares and adhere to the border as shown.Let it Ride! Border
- Using the swell edge of the decorative trimmer, cut a 2-1/4″ x 12″ strip of white fireworks paper for the base. Cut a strip each of gold and red paper using the swell edge as well and adhere behind the base as shown.
- Cut a 1/2″ x 12″ strip of plaid paper and apply to the bottom of the base. Add the star sticker border right above it.
- Add the “FUN” embellishment, “Admit One” and stars stickers, and the “Let it Ride” sticker using Foam Squares.
- Using the Scallop Burst Border Punch, punch a border with gold paper. Trim out to 2-1/2″ x 12″ for the base. Cut a 1″ x 12″ strip of multi dots paper and add to the left side of the base, tucking it behind.
- Using the Teardrop Lattice Border Punch, punch a border with red paper. Cut a 1-1/8″ x 12″ strip of White Cardstock and mount underneath teardrop lattice piece.
- Using the filmstrip cartridge, punch a border with Black Cardstock. Mount on top of teardrop lattice piece so that just the scallops are showing. Add piece to the border as shown.
- Trim out the camera from the mat piece and mount to the lower part of the border. Cut a 3-1/4″ x 1-1/4″ piece of white fireworks paper and mat it with a 3-1/2″ x 1-1/2″ piece of Black Cardstock. Add “Smile” embellishment with Foam Squares and add to the border, along with the gold fireworks sticker.
Our Trip! Border
- Cut a 3-1/4″ x 12″ strip of red/white striped paper for the base. Cut a 2-3/4″ x 12″ strip of black stars paper and mount on top of the base.
- Cut two 2-3/4″ x 1-3/4″ pieces of both red and gold papers. Apply at regular intervals along the border as shown. Using a black pen, doodle lines around the edges.
- Cut the long banner sticker in 3″ segments; mount with Foam Squares to three of the squares, as shown.
- Using the inside of the medium circle pattern and the blue blade, cut a circle with red paper. With the green blade, cut a circle with white cardstock. Apply “Our Trip” sticker to the red piece with Foam Squares, then mount on the white piece and add to the border, underneath the castle sticker (see photo). Add stars, “Magical”, “Memories” and “Fun” stickers as shown.
Have fun and let your “Imagine”-ation run wild!