Who hasn’t scrapped their summer holiday photos yet? Or are you in the midst of planning your next trip? Why not start your holiday pages with pictures of the eager adventure-bound faces on the plane and stories and memorabilia of the travel plans?
Here I’ve paired the Gallivant collection with the Jumbo Jet Border Maker Cartridge to create some easy holiday borders.
Wherever your adventures take you, I hope you enjoy the journey!
To make these borders you’ll need:
- Gallivant Paper Pack, Variety Mat Pack, Stickers and Embellishments
- Navy Cardstock
- Original Border Maker System with Jumbo Jet, Scallop Dot, Circle Weave, Picket Fence, Chevron and Film Strip Cartridges
- 12-inch Straight Trimmer
- Tape Runner with Repositionable Tape Runner Refill
- Foam Squares
Up Up & Away Border
- Cut a 1-3/4″ x 12″ strip of gold paper for the base.
- Using the scallop dot cartridge, punch a border with grey paper. Trim to 1-5/8″ x 12″. Align on base so that gold base peeks through lower dots.
- Using the circle weave cartridge, punch a border with red paper. Align on the border so that circles overlap gold dots, as shown.
- Using the jumbo jets cartridge, punch a border with navy cardstock. Add to the border, overlapping circle weave border as shown.
- Add arrow and “Up Up & Away” embellishments with foam squares.
Good to Go Border
- Cut a 2-1/2″ x 12″ strip of green/navy patterned paper for the base. Cut a 2″ x 12″ strip of green paper and adhere to the base.
- Using the picket fence cartridge, punch a border with navy paper. Trim to 1″ x 12″ and add to the left side of the green strip. Using the jumbo jets cartridge, punch a border with gold paper and add to the right side.
- Add tags and “Good to Go” embellishments with foam squares.
Time for Adventure Border
- Cut a 2-1/2″ x 12″ strip of red/white/blue striped paper for the base. Cut a 2″ x 12″ strip of grey paper. Cut a 1-3/4″ x 12″ strip of white map paper.
- Using the jumbo jets cartridge, punch a border each with red and navy paper. Following the diagonal lines of the base, add strips of jets to the white map strip as shown. Trim excess and adhere white strip to grey and then to the base.
- Add camera and compass embellishments and “Time for Adventure” sticker with foam squares.
- Cut a 2-1/4″ x 12″ strip of navy paper for the base.
- Using both the chevron and film strip cartridges, punch a border with gold paper, alternating as shown. Trim to 1-7/8″ x 12″ and add to the base.
- Trim out a 1/2″ x 12″ strip of mountains from the designer paper. Adhere it to the bottom of the border.
- Using the jumbo jets cartridge, punch a border using a green mat. Trim out four jets and apply to the film strip section using foam squares. Add a tag and “Vacation” sticker with foam squares.