Creative Memories new Forever Yours Collection was released ahead of this year’s wedding season. I know that I’ll be attending a few bridal showers and two weddings this year – one being my son’s – and I’ll need some cards for gift-giving.
I created two beautiful layered cards with lots of texture and pretty details using the Forever Yours Paper, Stickers, Embellishments, Laser Cut Embellishments and Vellum Paper. Our new 4-Way Corner and Hole Punch added the final pièce de résistance to these cards.
To make the cards, you’ll need:
- Forever Yours Paper Pack
- Forever Yours Vellum Paper
- Forever Yours Embellishments
- Forever Yours Laser Cut Embellishments
- Forever Yours Stickers
- White Solid 12×12 Cardstock
- Beige Solid 12×12 Cardstock
- Cream colored satin ribbon
- 12-Inch Straight Trimmer
- 4-Way Corner and Hole Punch
- Original Border Maker with Diamond Scroll & Scallop Dot Cartridges
- Tape Runner
- Repositionable Tape Refill
- Vellum Tape Refill
- Glue Pen or craft glue
- Foam Squares
I love the look of monochromatic textured layers, and I created that look with this first card. The Diamond Scroll pieces punched with our Original Border Maker provide a faux embossed look that make you want to run your fingers over the card.
1. Cut white cardstock to 6-1/4″ x 9″, score in the middle, and fold in half. (The card will fit in a 4-3/4″ x 6-1/2″ social envelope.)
2. Use Original Border Maker with Diamond Scroll Cartridge to punch pieces from the light beige dotted shell patterned paper. Punch twice in the Border Maker and then skip a slot/punch and punch two more times. Trim the piece off of your paper and cut two pieces that each measure 4-1/2″ long. Punch the bottom ends with the decorative edge of the 4-way Corner and Hole Punch. Repeat until you have five pieces. Adhere the pieces to the front of the card.
3. Use Original Border Maker with Scallop Dot Cartridge to punch a border from the faded newsprint designer paper. Cut it off of your paper at about 3/4″ and then cut in half, so you have two 6″ pieces. Tape these together and adhere a piece of satin ribbon to the center. Cut your ribbon a bit longer so it can wrap around the ends of the piece to give a cleaner edge. I adhered my ribbon with the Tape Runner. Adhere the finished piece to the center of the card.
4. Tie a small bow from the ribbon and adhere to the laser cut heart with a small Foam Square. Layer the heart with the laser cut leaf and adhere to the card.
5. Cut a piece of plain patterned vellum to 6″ x 8-3/4″ and fold in half. Use Vellum Tape Refill to adhere to the inside of the card. Add sticker sentiment.
This second card is just as lovely on the inside as it is on the outside. The rich luxurious layers make it a keepsake card.
1. Cut beige cardstock to 6-1/4″ x 9″, score in the middle, and fold in half. From the panel that will be the front of the card, cut off a 1/2″ and punch the two ends with the 4-Way Corner and Hole Punch. I used the decorative edge, but it would look just as nice with the straight edge.
2. Cut a piece of floral vellum to 4″ x 6-1/4″ and punch a top and bottom corner with the 4-Way Corner and Hole Punch to match the edge of the card base. Adhere to the front of the card. Cut a piece of gold patterned designer paper to 3-1/2″ x 5-3/4″ and punch a top and bottom corner with the 4-Way Corner and Hole Punch. Adhere this piece to the front of the card.
3. Cut a 3-1/2″ x 3-1/2″ square from the floral vellum and cut to a triangle shape to fit behind the laser cut triangle piece. Use glue pen or a toothpick dipped in small amounts of craft glue to apply glue to the three side edges of the laser die cut and adhere the vellum piece. Trim vellum if needed. Use Foam Squares to adhere the finished piece to the corner of the card as shown. (Use a large Foam Square on the center edge that will be covered by the paper flower and cut a small Foam Square into quarters and use the tiny pieces on the three corners of the embellishment.)
4. Cut floral wreath sticker apart and adhere large section to front panel as shown. Add round laser cut embellishment with a Foam Square and layer with paper flowers. Add layered paper flowers to cover the Foam Square that is underneath the triangle embellishment. Add final piece of cut apart sticker to trail down the card as shown. Add jewel embellishments.
5. From the gold patterned designer paper, cut a piece to 4-1/2″ x 6-1/4″ and adhere to the right panel on the inside of the card. Cut a piece of floral vellum to 7″ x 6″ and punch the top and bottom corners of the left side with the 4-Way Corner and Hole Punch. Fold this piece at 3-3/4″ from the left side and adhere to the inside of the card as shown.
6. Add remaining floral sticker piece and sticker sentiments.
As most people tend to keep the wedding cards that they receive and maybe even include them in a scrapbook album, these beautiful cards are small treasures that are guaranteed to impress for a lifetime.