I was recently at a baby shower for a friend. The mother-to-be is obsessed with cute foxes, so the location was beautifully decorated with handcrafted woodsy-themed baby decorations, the food was cleverly named with forest creatures in mind (e.g., bare meatballs with sauce served on the side were labelled as Bear Balls), and the games were equally as well-thought-out and personalised for the future mum. The only thing that wasn’t well-thought-out and customised? The baby shower cards.
As I watched her open card after card and gift card after gift card (all bearing the same company name and image, mind you), it dawned on me how special a handmade baby shower card could be.
If you want to avoid being on the generic-card bandwagon at the next shower you attend, take a few minutes of your day for a quick card making session and create this adorable Woodland Whimsy Baby Girl Card.
- Woodland Whimsy Baby Girl Paper Pack
- Woodland Whimsy Baby Girl Variety Mat Pack
- Woodland Whimsy Baby Girl Stickers
- Woodland Whimsy Embellishments
- Tape Runner
- Foam Squares
- To start, cut a piece of the Gray Cardstock 5 ½” x 8 ½”. Fold this piece in half to create the card base.
- Cut a piece of the Mint Green patterned paper to 4” x 5 ¼”.
- Cut a piece of the Coral paper to 3 ½” x 4 ¾”.
- Using a mat from the Variety Mat Pack, cut the mat to 3 ¼” x 4 ½”.
- Using the Tape Runner, adhere the half mat to the Coral paper.
- Adhere the Mint Green plaid paper to the front of the card.
- Add Foam Squares to the back of the Coral paper and adhere it to the front centre of the card.
- Add 2 triangle stickers to the opposite corners of the mat.
- Add Epoxy Gems to the tops of the triangle stickers.
- To complete the card, adhere the skunk embellishment and sentiment stickers to the front of the card using Foam Squares.
Here’s a version for boys also.
Try it out and share your cards with us on Facebook with #CMWoodlandWhimsy. Also, in the comments below tell us what your handmade baby card ideas are!