We know that you all love a great sketch.
Sketches have so much life in them. Use different collections each time, and you are sure to have endless possibilities. You can also rotate the sketch right or left, and get a whole new take on it.
Sketches are created as a “jumping off” point for you. They can be interpreted exactly or very loosely. There are not measurements, so you can make it yours.
CHALLENGE #4: Create a spread using this sketch as your inspiration, incorporating one of the following pinwheel techniques to your spread! When you are done, take a quick photo and post it to the event page before 6:00 pm AEDT to qualify for the prize.
Use hashtag #CMVirtualCrop.
Kelly uses traditional pinwheels and shows you not only how you can layer two of them together, but also how you can layer them with flower shapes.
- Cranberry Cardstock USA CA AUS
- Woodland Whimsy Girl Paper USA CA AUS
- Woodland Whimsy Girl Variety Mat Pack USA CA AUS
- Woodland Whimsy Embellishments USA CA AUS
- Daisy Punch USA CA AUS
- Border Maker System and Scallop Dot Border Maker Cartridge USA CA AUS
- Scissors USA CA AUS
- Tape Runner USA CA AUS
- Foam Squares USA CA AUS
Cut a square of paper, fold diagonally. Cut approximately 2/3 along each fold. Add Tape Runner on one side of each point and fold it into the centre.
Marja shows us how to create pinwheels by layering and angling squares–rotating between pattern and cardstock squares.
To create this spread you will need:
- Royal Blue Cardstock USA CA AUS
- Evergreen Cardstock USA CA AUS
- Raspberry Cardstock USA CA AUS
- White Cardstock USA CA AUS
- Sorbet Paper Pack USA CA AUS
- Sorbet Stickers USA CA AUS
- 12″ Decorative Trimmer USA CA AUS
- 12″ Stright Trimmer USA CA AUS
- The Tape Runner USA CA AUS
- Black Dual-tip Pen USA CA AUS
Beth creates a digital layout for us using pinwheel embellishments.
Created by Beth Thomander- Canada
Our final challenge will be posted on the page at 6:00 pm AEDT.
Future Virtual Crops: