Everything about the Sorbet Collection makes me happy! Fun, bright colours and playful flowers and shapes just make me smile. I couldn’t wait to pull out our fun new tools and play around with some borders! I like to use the borders to personalise my Sorbet Fast2Fab album, although they’re sure to add a lively spark to any kind of page style. Give ’em a try…bet you’ll be smiling, too!
For these borders you’ll need:
- Sorbet Papers, Mats, Stickers and Embellishments (opt. Fast2Fab Album)
- Royal Blue, Raspberry, White, Eggplant and Cloud Cardstock
- Original Border Maker System with Picket Fence, Ocean Waves and Scallop Dot Cartridges
- 12″ Decorative Trimmer
- 12″ Straight Trimmer
- Custom Cutting System with Circle and Rectangle Patterns
- 2-Way Corner Rounder
- All-Purpose Scissors
- Daisy Punch
- Tape Runner with Repositionable Tape Runner Refill
- Foam Squares
100% Fun Border
- Using the picket fence cartridge, punch a border with royal blue cardstock. Trim to 2- 1/4″ x 12″.
- With the decorative trimmer, cut a wavy strip of orange paper. Cut an “opposite” wavy strip of gray/white paper. Nest the two together on top of royal blue border as shown. Add flag stickers. Add Happy sticker with foam squares.
- For title box, cut a square of royal blue cardstock using the inside of the square pattern and the green blade. Cut an orange square using the red blade and adhere to blue square. Add 100% Fun sticker with foam squares.
Dream Big Border
- With the decorative trimmer, cut a swell strip of royal blue cardstock to measure 2-1/2″ x 12″.
- Using the ocean waves cartridge, punch a border with marbled blue/green paper. Trim to 1-3/4″ x 12″ and adhere to blue border.
- Cut a wavy strip with periwinkle paper, aligning the paper at the top edge of trimmer. Move the paper edge over 1/2″ and down 1/2″ to align with the bottom edge of trimmer to make ribbon. For the fish, cut more wavy ribbons with orange and yellow mats, lining up the “swells” to make fish bodies. With scissors, cut apart and form tails. Add ribbon and three fish as shown to border, mounting yellow fish with foam squares. Add embellishments for eyes.
- For title, cut a royal blue circle using the red blade on the inside of the medium circle and a marbled blue/green circle using the blue blade. Mount as shown, using a foam square for the “dream big” sticker. Add fourth fish.
- Cut a 2-1/4″ x 12″ strip of royal blue cardstock. Cut a 1-1/2″ x 12″ strip of patterned paper.
- Using ocean waves cartridge, punch 2 borders with periwinkle paper and trim out. Adhere between royal blue and patterned strips with scallops peeking out as shown.
- With decorative trimmer, cut a ribbon swell with royal blue cardstock. (To make an undulating swell, start with the paper aligned with the top edge of the trimmer for the first cut. Then move it over 1/2″ and down 1/2″ to align with the bottom edge of trimmer for the second cut.) Adhere to border.
- Punch four daisies with cranberry cardstock. Add three to border with foam squares and top with jewel drops.
- For title box, trim out shape from mat. Add fourth daisy with a foam square and “Sweet” sticker.
Life is Good Border
- Using scallop dot cartridge, punch a border with green paper. Trim to 2-1/2″ x 12″. Punch the other side. (Tip: to extend paper width, attach post-it notes to punched side.)
- With decorative trimmer, cut a 2-swell edge of cranberry cardstock. Flip paper and cut another 2-swell edge to make the 2-1/2″ x 12″ strip shown. Do the same with the petal paper, but make it slightly smaller, 2-1/4″ x 12″. Adhere both to green border. Add scribble sticker down the middle.
- Attach blue flower and leaves with foam squares to the middle.
- To make title box, cut a 1-1/2″ x 6-1/2″ raspberry strip and a 1-1/4″ x 6-1/2″ yellow mat strip; attach. Add “Life is Good” with foam squares and finish with flower, leaf and scribble stickers as shown.
Choose Love Border
- Cut a 2-3/4″ x 12″ strip of orange paper. Cut a 2-1/2″ x 11-1/2″ strip of marbled blue/green paper and adhere to orange border.
- With the inside of the larger rectangle pattern, cut a piece of eggplant cardstock using the red blade; cut a piece of white cardstock with the green blade. (Repeat for title box and set aside.) Cut two 2″ squares of blue and one of eggplant. Round corners with corner rounder. Attach all as shown to border.
- Add flowers and leaves, trimming to fit in shapes. Add larger orange and yellow flower to white box with foam squares.
- To make title box, cut a 2-3/4″ x 5″ strip of orange paper. Cut a 2-1/2″ x 4-3/4″ strip of marbled blue/green paper. Add second eggplant and white shapes. Embellish with “Choose Love” stickers and flower sticker mounted with foam squares.
Have a Happy Day!