Bold and geometric, the Argyle punch is fun to use on all kinds of page layouts. I’ve paired it with the versatile Denim Blues collection in each of the border ideas below; and added a theme with several of my favourite product collections. Try them as is or substitute with products you have on hand. Borders like these match up well on predesigned Fast2Fab as well as blank pages.
To make these borders you will need:
- Argyle Punch
- Denim Blues Paper, ABC Stickers and Embellishments
- Daily Docket Paper, Stickers and Embellishments
- Cool Serenity Paper, Stickers and Embellishments
- Soiree Paper and Stickers
- Study Buddies Paper and Slide-ins
- Hello Baby Boy Paper and Stickers and Hello Baby Girl Paper
- One sheet each Royal and Peacock Blue cardstock
- Original Border Maker System with Grass and Star Cartridges
- 12-inch Straight Trimmer
- Custom Cutting System with Circle Patterns
- All-Purpose Scissors
- Two-Way Corner Rounder
- Foam Squares
- Tape Runner and Repositionable Tape Runner Refill
Daily Docket Argyle Border
- Cut a 2-1/2″ x 12″ strip of yellow squares paper. On top, adhere a 1-3/4″ x 12″ strip of medium denim paper; and on top of that, a 1-1/2″ x 12″ strip of cream dot paper.
- Punch an argyle strip with medium denim paper. Cut five 2″ squares from brown patterned paper and four 1″ squares from yellow paper. Adhere behind argyle strip and mount all to border as shown.
- Add flower and leaves stickers to bottom of border. Using a foam square, mount a denim flower on top and add a button.
- For journal box, cut a 3-1/4″ square of medium denim. Mount cream journal box on top. With a foam square, add butterfly sticker.
Cool Serenity Argyle Border
- Using grass cartridge, punch a border with green foliage paper. Trim border to 2-1/2″ x 12″. Adhere faded wood sticker strip to bottom. Cut a 1″ x 12″ strip of cream paper.
- Punch an argyle strip with bright green paper and again with dark denim paper. Cut the denim strip in half lengthwise. Using repositonable adhesive, adhere denim argyle halves behind top and bottom of cream strip. Add bright green strip on top and mount all to border as shown.
- Adhere a bright green leaf to left edge of border. Cut a 2″ dark denim circle, add Let’s Go! sticker and mount with a foam square on top of leaf. Add VACATION title to argyle squares and use a round arrow sticker for the O.
- For journal box, trim foliage/tag slide-in box to 3-1/2″ x 4″. Add large bright green leaf and camera with a foam square.
Soiree Argyle Border
- Cut a 2-1/4″ x 12″ strip of candy striped paper. Cut a 1-3/4″ x 12″ strip of light denim plaid paper. Adhere on top of striped strip.
- Punch an argyle strip with medium denim paper. Punch another with bright pink paper.
- Using scissor, trim L-shaped piece of lattice around solid squares, making the border look like a chain of squares, some solid and some not. Mount on top of denim border as shown and add to border.
- Add flower and leaves stickers to top of border. Cut a 2-3/4″ x 2 piece of medium denim.
- Add happy birthday sticker. Top with a light denim flower and jewel.
- For journal box, cut a 4-1/2″ x 3″ medium denim box. Top with a 2-1/4″ x 4″ piece of light denim plaid, corners rounded. Add flower and striped washi tape stickers.
Study Buddies Argyle Border
- Cut a 2-1/2″ x 12″ strip of light blue stars paper. Cut a 1-1/2″ x 12″ strip of yellow clip paper.
- Using the star cartridge, punch a border with medium denim paper. Trim to 1-1/4″ x 12″.
- Mount on top of yellow strip.
- Punch an argyle strip with red paper. Cut in half lengthwise and adhere both behind yellow stars border, angles peeking out. Mount all to light blue stars border.
- For journal box, cut a 4-1/2″ square with medium denim paper. Trim pencil slide-in card to 4″ square and adhere to denim square. Add abc stickers, file folder die cut and cut out denim star as shown.
Hello Baby Boy Argyle Border
- Cut a 2-3/4″ x 12″ strip of striped paper. Cut a 2-1/4″ x 12″ strip of wood paper and apply to top of striped border.
- Punch one argyle strip each out of orange paper (Hello Baby Girl), mint paper and dark denim paper. Lay first two strips down, overlapping slightly. Adhere denim argyle strip on top and over a bit, lining up grids as shown, so one row of orange peeks out at the top and one row of mint peeks out below the denim argyle strip. Trim sides to even up and mount to border.
- Cut a 2″ circle of dark denim. Add striped heart cutout sticker. Cut arrow sticker in half and apply behind circles as shown. Mount to middle of border with a foam square.
- For title box, cut a piece of dark denim paper to 4-1/2″ x 3-1/2″. Trim LOVE square out and adhere on top. Add arrow sticker and heart cutout with a foam square.