If I asked you what types of occasions you make sure to include in your scrapbooks, you would probably say public holidays, vacations and of course, celebrations!
Celebrations such as birthdays, anniversaries and retirements are such joyful occasions that we want to make sure the memories and stories are preserved.
Creative Memories new Soiree Collection features patterns, colours and images that will work beautifully for so many different celebrations!
To prove it, I used the Soiree Collection to create two very different celebratory layouts.
First I created a layout with photos from my son’s first birthday. He was so cute as he sampled a yummy cupcake and his first taste of ice-cream! The vibrant striped and polka dot papers and the tone-on-tone green paper featuring a pattern of balloons and party hats from the Soiree Paper Pack were the perfect choice for this layout!
This layout is simple – strips of patterned paper are layered on either side of rows of photos and finished with journalling and three embellishment clusters. To make this layout:
- Cut two 1″ x 10″ strips from the polka dot paper.
- Cut two .5″ x 10″ strips from the striped paper.
- Cut one 3″ x 10″ strip and one 2″ x 10″ strip from the green tone-on-tone paper.
- Cut out the “It’s Time to Party” decorative card from one of the two pieces of paper in the pack that feature printed journalling and decor cards.
- Adhere the strips and card as shown in the layout, butting your photos up against the edges of the paper strips.
- Add your title on top of the green tone-on-tone paper using Navy ABC/123 Stickers.
- Add two balloon die-cuts from the Soiree Embellishments above the title, and a cupcake and candle below. Add party hat die-cut and arrow sticker from the Soiree Stickers. Tip: I love to overlap stickers and die-cuts and pop some off the surface of the layout using Foam Squares for added dimension and interest!
- Add some sparkle with the self-adhesive rhinestone gems from the Soiree Embellishments!
- Finish the layout using the Black Dual-Tip Pen to journal and add “strings” to the balloons.
Next I used the same paper pack, embellishments and stickers to create a layout with photos from the New Year’s Eve party at the Jamaican resort my husband and I were married at. We got married on December 31st and knew that there would be a wonderful party that night we could celebrate at!
Again, simple strips of paper are easy to apply and provide cohesion across the two pages of the layout. To make this layout:
- Cut four .5″ x 12″ strips from the striped paper. Turn two strips over to use the pale aqua side.
- Cut two 4″ x 12″ strips from the pink tone-on-tone paper.
- Cut two 3″ x 12″ strips from the geometric paper.
- Cut the banner and circle journaling spot from one of the two pieces of paper in the pack that feature printed journalling and decor cards.
- Adhere the strips and journal spot as shown in the layout, then add your photos, leaving a small space between each.
- Add your title above the strips of paper using the Black ABC/123 Stickers.
- Create an embellishment cluster on either side of the layout with Streamer and Starburst die-cuts from the Soiree Embellishments, and the Party Time Circular sticker from the Soiree Stickers. Tip: Again, pop some elements off the surface of the layout using Foam Squares for added dimension and interest!
- Anchor the bottom of the layout with a border punched from Black Cardstock with the Border Maker System and Medallion Frame Chain Border Cartridge.
- Add the sparkly self-adhesive rhinestone gems from the Soiree Embellishments to a few of the starbursts, the sticker and inside three of the open frames in the border.
- Journal with the Black Dual-Tip Pen to finish off the layout.
See? No matter what you are celebrating, you will love preserving your special memories with the Soiree Collection! Enjoy!