If you told me I could complete a gorgeous double scrapbook page, use my supplies wisely and get it done in less than an hour! I’d say that’s a recipe for success.
Let’s get “cooking” on this great “recipe” that is easy to create and easy to adapt to add your own flare!
The recipe sketch above can be created with just 2 sheets of designer paper and half a sheet of cardstock. The cutting guide on the left and measurements below will help you with using your paper wisely and still ending up with a gorgeous double scrapbook page.
Cutting Guide & Measurements:
Make the following cuts (as shown on the guide on the left) on two pieces of different patterned paper.
A – 1/2” x 12”
B – 2 1/2” x 12”
C – 4 1/2” x 6 1/2”
D – 4 1/2” x 6 1/2”
E – 7 1/2” x 5 1/2”
F – 1 1/2” x 5 1/2”
For each page in layout:
- Adhere strip B according to sketch
- Punch a border on 12” edge of Cardstock, then trim to 1” wide
- Adhere border strip along edge of strip B
- Adhere strip A next to strip B
On left layout:
- Adhere piece E & F according to sketch
- Adhere sticker and embellishment using foam squares
On right layout:
- Adhere pieces C & D according to sketch
Adapting the Recipe:
The double page below used the recipe sketch shown above with a few simple, yet effective tweaks. The photo on the left page is horizontal, the border strip on the left and right page are created with different Border Maker Cartridges, titles were added with ABC stickers and journalling has been included on a journalling card.
For the scrapbook layout above you’ll need:
- Mint To Be Paper Pack
- Mint To Be Slide In Pack
- Pink Swirl ABC/123 Stickers
- Border Maker System, Diamond Scroll and Flim Strip Cartridges
- Pink Dual-Tip Pen
What fantastic scrapbook layout will you cook up? Will you follow the recipe or add your own flare?